Monday, June 9, 2008

There's a first time for everything...

So I've decided to start a blog, although I'm not entirely sure why I'm doing this or what I'm looking to get out of it.  I guess part of me wants to share my words of "wisdom" with the world on a larger scale than I currently do (i.e. talking).  Also, my boss has asked me to find out if there's a way to use a blog to advertise a product/company.  Although I'm pretty sure there is a way, I'm not really sure how to go about doing so.   (sidenote:  I feel like I'm writing a letter to my 4th grade pen pal, a boy across the country whom I never met, and never really knew what ask/tell about our respective lives.)  So, if anyone has any hints or tips about blogging for either personal use or for a business purpose, feel free to share them.  Just remember, I'm really new to this so please leave any tips as though you were teaching a child to cook spaghetti (yea, random metaphor).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice effort. A better way, would be to examine other blogs, and news aggregators that behave like blogs to see how they leverage in advertising or even review products and services and then comment on them. When you find examples of these, you could hunt down the folks that run the blog, and then ask them how you can have your product or service reviewed or advertised or in some way shared with the blog-reading public...